Wednesday 2 February 2011

fingers in pies and stews

Yesterday's post was only published this morning so its a bit out of date already.

I have reached out to a number of people and attempting to kick start something job wise. On the job front, I have completed an application which I'm very pleased about. Just need to check it, beef it up if necessary and then send it off by the deadline. Not wanting to sign on again for job seekers but feeling like that might to happen. Have registered with a temping agency but my "consultant" isn't exactly keen on me. Have an appointment with another one this afternoon to see if spreading myself thin helps. Also disappointing when you offer your services to someone and they ignore you. Or maybe just "out of the office".

I'm watching so many detective programmes on ITV3 I'm picking out the actors that have cropped up more than once. Today's is Diana Quick who has also been in Lewis. Yesterday it was Anna Massey who was the lunatic murderer in Midsomer Murders. I'm sure this isn't an appealing trait to put in a dating profile (watching detective progs, not being a lunatic murderer, surely that goes without saying). Speaking of which, today I have been contacted by someone who frankly looks like a murderer wanting "to chat". I've stopped giving legal advice darling, jog on. *close match*

Today I am attempting to make a stew or broth or something based on a Mark Hix recipe from Saturday's Independent. I'm not terribly good at making things up as I go along or as in this case, changing ingredients but I can't be that hard to substitute game for chicken and spelt for pearl barley. Well, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment