Saturday 12 February 2011

Castles in the Sand

I have a strange anxious feeling today. I'm not sure why that is (although I have a horrible sense of the truth) and consequently I feel low and grouchy. Had a disappointing night out on the town last night and it has dampened my mood. It was nice to meet new people but all resolutely coupled up and talking about planters, boilers, spending £2200 on a duck egg blue sofa from DFS (twenty two hundred pounds on a fucking DFS sofa!!! Didn't know it was possible), valentine plans, mortgages, ballroom dancing and cats. I realise that none of these are exclusively activities for those in relationships (except perhaps valentines) but along with the noisiest pizzeria stuffed full of rah students then moving to the ugliest pub in the world, uncomfortable seating arrangements, my energy was just depth charged.

Realised that going on first dates are like interviews where I have to give a presentation only this time its about myself. I get horribly nervous and never present myself well in either situations. Which partly explains whilst I am still unemployed. This is also why I think internet dating is such a bad idea for me. Particularly as I'm trying to get myself interviews too right now. I shall admit to my reader that I have an interview on Wednesday that I have no intention of going to. Its a five month contract so less than a standard minimum lease length so I'm not going to be moving away. Its so short that I'll have to start looking for a new job, within a month of starting.

Switching between BBC1 where Italy are being handed their arse on a plate and Five where James Stewart believes his neighbour has murdered his (the neighbour) wife. The neighbour is Raymond Burr who later starred as Perry Mason for years. Haven't watched any ITV3 police dramas recently so haven't been able to do any comparative studies. Perhaps I should sign up for a MA in comparative contemporary drama.

Didn't get to the cinema yesterday and now I'm not sure when I can find a spot to go again. Wanting to go to my brother's tomorrow to check on the house whilst he's away and maybe take a bath. I haven't had a bath for about 3 years and then I've had 3 in a month.

On that bombshell...

No comments:

Post a Comment